Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Thursday, June 03, 2004
head not in the game today....
I'm not sure what my problem is today. I can't seem to keep my head in the game. Each time I sit down to write I find myself being easily distracted. I'm thinking that I may chalk this day up as a loss. I did manage to work a bit more on a new paranormal. It's about a girl who travels to Tuscany for reasons that even she is unsure of and ends up catching the eyes of two very powerful men. One is the god Anteros. He is the god who punishes those who scorn the people that love them, and he's also brother to Eros (god of love). The second man is Cel (Puccello), god of death. His title was taken from him when he fell in love with a human a thousand years ago, and now he looks to be making the same mistake. It's a struggle for me because its in third person. First-person flows for me, third makes me concentrate a bit more. I should be going through DOD2 (The Enchantress) and checking for passive voice and plot holes. I got to page 50 and bailed. My head wasn't in it. Every time I look at a page I start to second-guess myself. It was easy to write it before everyone read the first one. I should just turn the damn thing in and say the heck with it. I'm sure it's fine, but I'll peek through anyway. I've gotten some emails from people giving me suggestions for book III of The Valkyrie (two is a prequel and already done). I love reading their suggestions. It's especially fun to see how they think my mind works. The scary thing is that I just sit in front of the computer and whatever comes, comes. I rarely have a master plan. Normally it's just to finish the darn thing before I go insane from the voices in my head. LOL! I'm signing off now... Mandy
posted by mandymroth @ 9:05 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    Thanks Jaide! I'm a bit disgusted with myself for being blocked. Prior to having one released I flew through stuff. Now, I start a billion things and finish none. I need someone with a whip to stand behind me. Know of any volunteers? LOL

    I keep forgetting that you're down South... that's got to be muggy nasty! It was cool up here today, but the lil ones didn't want me working. They wanted to party on their first day of summer vac.

    How is your Dragon book coming?

    mandy

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mandy Keep going and it will come to you. It is Toni ( the pain in the ass) but I thought that I would tell you the wierdest time my muse had hit me was when my boyfriend at the time were making out pretty heavy and it hit me so I had to tell him stop it and let me tell you it was not a pretty site. ok enough for now. L8R

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mandy,
    This is Angie from the loop. Love the site and the posts :)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mandy,

    I enjoyed reading your entries. I think you should just turn in DOD2. You have so many fans out there. Everyone will love it!

    Kim

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mandy,
    This is Teresa here. Everyone has those kinds of days sometimes, maybe you should just take a day off girl! You are always so busy and maybe your "muse" is hinting it wants a day off. *G* You'll get it Mandy, I have no fear!
    Teresa

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Mandy,

    I know the problem of not being able to sit down and concentrate on your writing. The best is to take a break for one day and not to think about writing at all. That's what helps me. Hope it will help you too and that your muse will come back.

    Have a great day!
    Danny

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, my name is Jaci Burton. People call me Jaci Burton (just getting in the Gump mode, ya know)

    Mandy...I'm afraid your muse has run off with mine. I find myself wasting major time when I should be writing. Thank God my editor doesn't read your blog. ;)

    Smooches

    Jaci

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mandy,

    I'm not going to tell you who I am...or I'd have to flog you. Oh wait, shit, if I don't tell I can't win the prize can I. Damn Damn Damn...choices choices choices. OK the audio book is worth exposing myself...hope no cops are watching ;D

    Charlie

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mandy! I had a heck of a time figuring out HOW to post a comment in here, but I did and here I am. Loving reading your entries you've been making.

    Kelley

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    You guys crack me up! I'm going to have to flog Charlie to teach him a lesson! That much is clear!


    Just wanted to say thanks to all who stopped by! :)


    mandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta