Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Is it there yet?

I ask myself this repeatedly while writing any sort of a series book. For example all during Immortal Ops 2, I asked myself this very question. Surprisingly enough, I answered no each and every time. This normally left me gutting the majority, if not all, of the book and starting again. This went on and on for the course of almost 11 months until one day the story clicked in my head. I finally ‘heard’ Missy and Roi as if they were next to me, whispering what they wanted to have happen. (No comments on the voices in my head please.)

I’m at that point again—the is it there yet, gut scenario. It often ties books up longer than I’d like but in the end, I feel its best for the book. Currently, Immortal Ops 3 and Daughter of Darkness 3 are my prime ‘Are they there yet.”

If you’re an author, do you ever go through this? What do you do to get past it? As readers, would you rather the story come out later or sooner? I’m all ears here! You can email me or post comments here.

mandy@mandyroth.com

Thanks!

(is this there yet? LOL)

posted by mandymroth @ 7:23 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Kimberly Kaye Terry said…

    Mandy I have an 8 book series. I've written the first two books.

    Okay.

    It took me a YEAR of research for this series girl. No joke. And I am still adding.

    I'm totally anal with this series. It's my baby. I love her as only a neurotic writer can love. Know what I mean? *g*

    As I start book three I still say my version of "is it there yet?" I think because you do this Mandy, it just shows how much you want your work to be all that you know it can be. To fit the image in your mind.


    Write on chica, write on!!
    ;)K

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Michelle Pillow said…

    Mandy, Mandy, Mandy, I've already told you. It's a great book. What? My opinion isn't good enough? SOB!

    Don't you dare gut a thing!

    :)Lubs ya!
    Michelle

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta