Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I slept with my computer last night…

I woke up on my office floor this morning.

Grab your attention? I thought so. Now, I'll set the story up. My office in adjacent to the family room. My computer table sits against the wall and on the other side of the wall is one of two long sofas that flank the walls of the family room. My husband is partial to the sofa nearest my office (so much so that he avoids the other like it has something deadly he might catch…might be why that one still looks brand new). Anyway, since I moved down here (had been on center level until a few months back) he's fallen asleep EACH AND EVERY night on the sofa on the other side of my office way. That wouldn't be so bad if he didn't snore loud enough to wake the dead and then get grumpy when you try to wake him up and convince him to go up to bed.

I have begged and pleaded. I've bitched. I've moaned. Still, the man ignores me, laughing as he gets comfy to watch a whole ten minutes of TV before passing out cold. Finally, I snapped. I went out and took ALL the sofa cushions and pulled them into my office. I then locked my office door, sat down, put headset on and worked until the wee hours of morning.

Ah silence at last!

It got really late and I didn't want to go up and walk past my son's rooms because they have mommy-dar…you know…they can hear me coming and are instantly awake and wanting something. I looked back at the mound of comfy throw pillows and cushions and gave into temptation. I curled up on them and woke up there this morning.

My husband comes down, finds me asleep on them all and laughs. He then acknowledges that I did manage to find a way to keep him from passing out on sofa. I winked and told him I'd keep doing it and if he found another way to fall asleep out there, snoring so loud that I can't work, he'd come home and find I'd given away all the furniture making TV viewing standing room only.

Yes, I do feel quite proud of myself…even if there is a kink in my neck from sleeping on floor of my office.

Labels: ,

posted by mandymroth @ 10:08 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Michelle Pillow said…

    OMG, This is too funny--mainly because I can see this playing out clearly in my head.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Sydney Somers said…

    That's hilarious! I've got a snoring husband myself. Only he'll sleep in complete silence next to me while I write (the man could sleep through a bar brawl in the bedroom) and its not until I shut down the pc and crawl into bed and start to drift off myself, THEN he starts to snore.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Leila said…

    roflol... that's too funny... you're story too, Sydney, lol

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ramona K said…

    Hmm, why don't you just switch the sofas around. Put the unused one next to the wall of your office, hence no temptation to fall asleep there.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    Romona,

    He snores REALLY loud...I'd need to move the sofa out back. LOL

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    Lisa,

    LMAO!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sharon Bryan said…

    Hee-Hee, will have to try that because my husband does the same and falls asleep on the sofa. If you wake him up he will say he was just resting his eyes and promtly fall back to sleep. He also snores loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood - really.
    As for funny I have fell asleep with the laptop in bed with me and also I have woke up with the cat on the laptop because she loves anything with heat coming from it. LOL Thanks for the funny story. Sharon

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow the story is cute and serious at the same time for those of us who have snoring hubbies or snore ourselves we can so relate to your real tale. Thanks for sharing it.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said…

    I'm the one in this house who usually falls asleep watching the news. Hubby pokes me and tells me to go to bed. Then he gets the computer.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta