Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Friday, January 05, 2007
Funny and wanted to share...

Yesterday, I was sitting down to check email and notice this strange sound coming from the half bath that is my office. My oldest son was also in the process of doing a school project that involved asking about my childhood. We glance at each other and then I run into the bathroom to find the toilet gurgling. I’m half expecting the thing to blow. Thankfully, it didn’t. I only just moved my office down here and had it newly carpeted, and painted so of course I’m freaking about the possibility of water.

I went into the laundry room and needless to say, there is water on the floor but its thankfully confined to right there. I had only just sorted out the laundry into colored piles, all of which were on said floor waiting to be washed. They acted like a sponge. I call someone to come clean the main drain and then began taking all these wet clothes (all the boys bedding was in there as well because I’d only just stripped their beds for the weekly wash down) out of the room. Since the family room and my office are the only other two rooms on the lowest level, I laid dry towels down and set some of the clothes in the family room and the blankets (which somehow managed to remain dry) pillows, etc. on the floor of my office. I also brought in another hamper full of CLEAN (lol, prior to the water) clothes that were going to be given to goodwill and set it on the floor of the half bath.

I have a point…I swear. It’s that when the men came over to fix the drain I was mortified that all this stuff was now ALL over my lower level. I’m not going to lie, my laundry room often looks like a bomb went off in it. It’s that room of the house where I just don’t care too much. Since its just clothes, I don’t think much of it until I see the mess scattered about my lower level. Of course, the VERY nice men who came right away to fix my drain have to then go into my office (with the blankets everywhere) and into the half bath (who had the gurgling toilet and now had the goodwill clothes in a basket) to monitor the progress of water moving.

I wanted to crawl. I really did. I was mortified. But it gets better. I walk in after the youngest of the two men leave the half bath to find I have feminine napkins sitting in a decorative holder on the back of the toilet. LOL. Of course, right. I mean…come on. Who doesn’t want a box of pads sitting there for all to see? Oh, but it gets EVEN better. The other man had to move my dryer to have plenty of play in the laundry room. Of course under it is seven years worth of dust bunnies. No biggie. You know what else was under it? A gel breast pad! That’s right! I had bought them because they adhere and you don’t need to wear a bra with them. I needed it for RT back in May. When we got home, I’d unpacked and washed all our things. Only one breast pad came back and I assumed the other had been tossed or was left in FL. HAHAHAHA.NO! Apparently, it had fallen behind the dryer only to be discovered by men there to fix a drain.

Oh, yes. When I do it. I do it good!

Just thought I’d share my funny story or being embarrassed with you. How about you? Have any funny tales of being put on the spot? And why do I feel the need to invite the men back to see its really not like that all the time here? LOL

posted by mandymroth @ 8:58 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bwahahahahahahaha!!!

    oh...i have so many comments...but I'll just leave it with

    bwahahahahahahahahaha!

    ;-)

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jordan Summers said…

    LOL! Oh that's sounds like such a fun day. *ggg* I've had the back of the toilet thing happen. I did have a momentary flash of embarrassment. It never lasts long. (wg)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta