Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The Neverending Sig Line...


Yeah, we all knew it would happen. That day I up and decided to rant again. It’s here. I’ll start off by saying that I belong to so many online groups that I’ve lost count. I do my best to keep up on the influx of mail and answer when I feel I have something worth saying (so, I don’t talk so much….lol). As I was waiting for my messages to download, I first thought many of them coming through were falling victim to the ‘forget to clip’ers’. Oh, if only that were the case…my fodder for this blog would not be. Nope. Most of the email was the person’s sig line. The thing just about qualified as a short story. I kid you not. The thing was longer than some blurbs I’ve read. As much as I want to have easy access to a web link, I really don’t want all the details of everything since the creation of mankind to come too. I LOVE having the authors/persons web site/blog/myspace right there, at my fingertips. I’m not one to take the extra steps to google a name I see so if the link is there and I’m interested, I’ll click it.
I struggle with sig lines (or I did until I found one I liked and said to hell with it). I’m curious to know what other people think of them. Do you like them to be 20 lines long or does 2-5 do the trick for you? Do you like them at all?

Labels: ,

posted by mandymroth @ 7:33 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Michelle Pillow said…

    OMG, I can't stop laughing at that picture! Too perfect.

    I've struggled with sig lines and fell prey for a *Really* short time to the too long one as I had more and more books come out. But I've learned my lesson. IMO, I think sig lines need three essential things--name, website, alternative link or info to draw interest. If it's over 4 lines, my toobusyidis kicks in and I don't read it.

    But I LOVE it when the links are clickable. I'm a clicker. Yep, copy and paste is just too much work.

    Wow, Mandy, you got me on a comment spree. I just keep going and going and...

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Amanda Ashby said…

    Oh, I so know those sig lines that you mean. It's madness. Especially when the person only leaves a one line comment on a loop and then there is the neverending trail.

    I do like short sig lines though because I'm a procrastinator and if it's there in front of me I will click it!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta