Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Friday, May 06, 2005
In search of an agent...

Well, it’s official. I’m now in the market for an agent. I fully expected to go it alone, and to be honest, it has worked out well for me so far. The only problem for me is time. I’ve run out of time to handle all the details, search for the best options, so on and so forth.

Off tope: shock of all shocks, I found out that I could not only write Chick-Lit but seriously enjoy it. Who would have thought that creepy ol’ me would enjoy something like that? I’m a fashion whore (yeah, I said, and I’ll say it again), have extensive knowledge of the culinary world (and yes, some chefs reach rock star status LOL), and am basically a sarcastic pain in the ass. All in all, I seem to be able to combine all of that and come out with something that I never dreamed I could write.

The chick-lit quest was also a great excuse to give my husband for me now receiving every women’s and men’s fashion magazine out there. Hey, I had to justify it somehow. I have cousins who dance on Broadway, are in fashion design, are front men for bands, are fitness instructors, the list goes on. They make great research tools, and it keeps us in contact. Can’t beat that. I wonder if they walk around saying, “I have an insane cousin who writes romance fiction when the notion hits her. Oh, and most of the time she includes vampires and werewolves.” I bet they don’t. LOL

Back to the quest for the Holy Agent (kidding). I’m not sure which end is up in regards to finding one, and am open to suggestions.

Mandy

PS: Daughter of Darkness finally dropped from the #1 spot in dark fantasy at Fictionwise after a 10-month spree. Yep. The Enchantress (DOD2) knocked it to number two. LOL. I was mad at myself for that. LOL

Amazon’s daily bestselling list has been good to me as of late. I’ve had about 4-5 books bouncing around the top spots. I can’t complain. I’m too busy jumping up and down like an idiot. LOL

posted by mandymroth @ 7:27 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know much about them, but in the last RWR market update, BookEnds, LLC had Bella Andre, Dakota Cassidy, Jaycee Clark, Jodi Lynn Copeland, Sam Hunter, and others listed. (www.bookends-inc.com) They do erotic and chick-lit, so they might be worth looking into. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta