Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Monday, May 01, 2006
Idiot's Guide to Tanning Bed Dont's...

With the Romantic Time’s convention fast approaching, I find myself scrambling to get ready. I’m altering dresses (no one tell my sister in law that I hacked up the bridesmaid dress she made me wear to be a Goth fairy), preparing gift basket giveaways and trying to do a few last minute pick me ups. Enter—the tanning bed mishap. Now I know this has little to do with writing and I’m sorry ahead of time for those of you who only wish to read about that aspect but I thought it was funny so I’m sharing with the group.

After much debate, I decided to get a tanning package. I show up and the guy who owns the place tells me the bulbs were just changed so I might want to go for ten minutes. I'm thinking, nah, I always tan nice I'll push for twenty. He gives me the raised eyebrow look but steps aside.

Clearly, he knows something I don't.

I tan for twenty and leave. Nothing out of the ordinary really happens. I come home, go about my day and then return this morning for another visit. I go twenty again. I now look like someone covered most of me with walnut stain. I also look like someone drew a line with it under my arms, leaving me with stark white pits and a mega white stripe along my backside.

I can't decide if I want to go back and try to fix those spots or get out while the getting is good.

Oh, here's a little tip from your friend Mandy--hand lotions with UV

protectors in them WILL make it look like you wore gloves in the bed.

Okay, I’m feeling better after sharing my experience. I think we all know it will show up in one of my books soon. The poor heroine.

Mandy

www.mandyroth.com

posted by mandymroth @ 11:52 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Angela's Designs said…

    I am already a bit uneven in nature. Comes from sitting in the truck at lunch with the window open while reading. I was going to alternate parking direction and sit in the passengers seat every other day, but today it was about 80 degrees and 100 in my truck in the sun so I ended up inside.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Michelle Pillow said…

    I love coming over here and reading about your wacky misadventures, lol...

    The sad thing everyone, is that they are 100% TRUE! I get to hear them on the phone.

    LMAO, Mandy!
    Michelle

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Dapoppins said…

    I happen to love wacky adventures...Didn't you see that friends show with Ross in the tanning booth with the spray...Didn't that warn you about the tanning booths? Or that actress who won the acadamy awards and got the best actress oscar looking all orange?
    Please, step away from the Stun n' Tan booth...may cause extrem color change in skin.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta