Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Thanksgiving Dinner




I’m hosting Thanksgiving here for the family and have to say I took the lazy way out this year. I ordered the dinner. That’s right….me….I broke down and ordered Thanksgiving dinner. With a pending move, deadlines and some additional home things, I just didn’t have the time to cook. I’m ashamed of myself.
I’ll keep you posted on how it goes. They tell me I only have to warm everything up. We’ll see. Considering the fact I made a ham two weeks ago that turned out like jerky because I wasn’t paying attention, I’m starting to wonder if I can handle something as simple as warming food up.
Oy.
How quickly we fall from cooking grace.
LOL
posted by mandymroth @ 10:36 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, we pondered eating out this year.

    Til Charlie's mom said...um, I don't think so.

    Dinner at Mom's this year. I'm in charge of appetizer's and sweet potatoes *g*

    And I'll still be cooking a turkey dinner this weekend. I MUST have my house smell like turkey. It's an obsession ;-)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    I'm happy to report it went well. I should also warn that ordering dinner does not mean it shows up all done and ready to serve (like I thought). No. Silly me didn't know I still had to spend 3 hours between the turkey/ham/stuffing and the rest to get it all done and ready.

    Next year KFC.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Landra Douglas said…

    LOL I wish I had taken that approach, Mandy! But shhh! You can always do like my grandmother did for her first few years of marriage to my grandfather... order out and then put a little bit of flour somewhere (end of nose, forehead, etc.) to make him think she was cooking all day lol
    Hope it worked out well for you!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    LOL! That's a great idea! I'll do that next year!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta