Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Sunday, March 11, 2007
The way of the Mac....
Moving into the MacBook Pro has been different to say the least. I used to work on nothing but macs when I was in the world of marketing/graphic design. Seems like 4 years ago was a lifetime ago now. I'm still trying to doublclick everything and its brother in here. I still have issues navigating around the system and WTH is up with the yahoo messenger for mac...I can't find anything. LOL. That being said, I'm loving the computer. It runs VERY smooth and packs as much punch as its desktop buddies, if not more.

I owe a big thanks to two very nice gentlemen who helped in my decision making process. One, worked at the store I was buying it from--he was VERY helpful and it wasn't because he was going to make anything off the sale (he wasn't). Just general nice guy who was swamped with people but who kept taking time out with me while I heehawed back and forth about getting another Sony laptop or going to a MacBook Pro.

The other man who helped in my decision was a customer walking past the computer section. He stopped and talked with me about macs. He's in the military and prior to that was in the field of education. We discussed how he was a recent mac convert (in the last couple of years I think) and how he couldn't rave enough about everything they offered to make my life easier.

Their enthusiasm and knowledge sealed the deal for me. It didn't hurt that my husband was buying an iMac 20inch at the same time. He'd already had it in his head that he was going the way of the mac. He too started on HPs, moved to SONY (which I have to say I have a soft spot for SONY computers), cycled through several of those and decided he'd had enough of the viruses, spyware and registry issues...he was going the way of the mac.

It also didn't hurt that I totally adore the commercials Mac is putting out with the kid from Galaxy Quest (Brandon on there, unsure what actors name is but he's so adorable) stands and talks with the man who is a "PC". Those things crack me up. I loved the newest Vista one. They hit the nail on the head with that one!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm here, mostly moved into my new computer and so far I'm loving it. I figure if it survives me, its a keeper and everyone should have one. I need to beta test computers. People would come from far just to say..."that survived Mandy".

Labels: ,

posted by mandymroth @ 8:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger Emma Wayne Porter said…

    You gotta stop switching themes, woman.

    I keep going, "Wth wrong link did I hit now?"

    *snickering*

    Enjoy your new Mac.

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger mandymroth said…

    someone should take my right away on here. I would stop changing it then. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta