Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Taboo topics in most books…

There have been many issues close to my heart that I’ve often wanted to at lest hint upon in books. These aren’t necessary things that I have personally experienced. Many are things that people close to me have and I’ve often wanted to express them in my work. It seems that some pubs/editors shy or run from some of the topics—domestic abuse, sickness, and so on.

I already tend to push the envelope on certain things as is. Hey, everyone remember that horrible review on Daughter of Darkness where the reviewer beat me over my head about being too gory for melting a guy’s whoohoo off in a rather violent? Yeah, that helped sell a lot of books. And she happened to be the only one to single that scene out. I should get her to review some more of my stuff or at the very least send her a thank you. Anyway, I clearly have no problem writing about things that don’t tend to fit in the every growing box.

I get a lot of email from readers wanting to see me tackle certain things, saying that they just know I’d pull it off. While that’s flattering, it’s also scary as hell. Misrepresenting is the last thing I want to do.

What’s everyone’s take on this? Do you feel I already push it too much or would you like to see me tackle more? I’m all ears and respect your opinions more than you’ll ever know.

If you’d like to email me privately, I understand. Mandy@mandyroth.com or feel free to post comments here if you’d like.

posted by mandymroth @ 3:52 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Breezy said…

    Hi Mandy :) You've been tagged. Check out my 5/22 entry in my blog for more info ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta