Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

The holidays are upon us and as I listen to my children’s seemingly endless lists of this and that, I can’t help but to think about those who aren’t as fortunate. I’ve been involved with organizations who help everyone from battered women to people who have lost their homes in natural disasters but there is one I’ve not yet lent a helping hand to—Adopt-a-Native-Elder Program. I read an article touching a bit on it in a magazine (actually, about someone--Jay Tavare--who in addition to his busy life was also active in this program) and it sparked an interest for me.


I could go into a long drawn out lecture on my views about the injustices done (and still being done) to these people, their culture, their nations but I think we all know me well enough to realize my rant would never end. I just wanted to take a moment to draw a bit of attention to the program itself and to let you all know I’m seriously considering going forth to see what I can to do to contribute. They don’t appear to be asking for much.


I’ll keep you all posted on my progress with this. Also, since this is the time of year for sharing, if you have an organization you support feel free to post a link to it or email me and I’ll post it for you.

Happy Holidays!
posted by mandymroth @ 10:57 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta