Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Earwigs..demon bugs from can't kill them hell...



Yeah, earwigs. I’m fighting a losing battle. The middle of the week, last week, my husband begins a slow, yet steady, freak out because he found two of them on the center of the family room floor. I’m thinking its only two, stop being a drama king. Anyway, last night, I move my laptop downstairs to prepare to work while pretending to watch the Saturday night family movie. (Lecture me later…I’m telling a bug story now) I glance to my right and there, on the wall, staring at me with who the hell knows where its eyes are, pinchers, ugly, crusted body, is an earwig. It was a little too close to my head to dismiss. I proceed to go nuts. I kick everyone out of the room and begin gutting it. Pillows and cushions are yanked out. Sofas are flipped. The room is vacuumed top to bottom. The bag is tossed. The bug spray comes out. The room is covered. I get up this morning and go down to find an earwig on the center of the floor, walking like there is nothing wrong in his little world. I swear he was mocking me with his “neener-neener” face on.


OY


Short of a nuclear holocaust…I’m at a loss as to what to do. I’ve sprinkled (okay, I forced my husband to do it) granules of some bug pesticide around the house and sprayed the inside. I give up. I’m about to take one, behead it and make a staked line of shrunken earwig heads as a warning to others. Somehow, I think it might be lost on them. And dammit…why is my blog a bug blog now?

posted by mandymroth @ 9:20 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jaci Burton said…

    is it dead yet?

    *g*

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    I'd google earwigs but I'm too busy fighting an ant invasion *ggg*

    thanks for stopping by hon!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those things are gross! My husband is an exterminator. I'll ask him tomorrow what he thinks might help and I'll email you. If I forget (gawd, my mind is mush this week!) email and remind me. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta