Nocturnal Journal

Paranormal Romance Author
Mandy M. Roth
Vampires, Werewolves & Faeries...Oh My!
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Smokin' the good shit...

So, I’m reading through the Daughter of Darkness books to get a feel for where I left off (notes just don’t do them justice) and I find myself laughing at portions of the book. This wasn’t ha-ha, I was smoking some good shit that day kind of laughing, it was genuine—think the scene is funny laughing.


I’ll toss this question out to writers, when reading one of your backlist books do you ever find yourself laughing, crying, cheering, and wanting to know what happens at the end? Uh, someone say yes so I don’t look crazy.


Readers, if you’re reading a book for the second, third or one hundredth time, do you find yourself doing the same thing, even though you know the ending?

posted by mandymroth @ 6:32 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I first went back and read Midnight for edits I was like..."wow, that scene was funny. Can't believe I worte it."

    And I cried at the end. I mean, gut-wrenching tears. So yeah, guess we all go there sometimes with our own books.

    Your not the only freak, Steph. lmao

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Melani Blazer said…

    Um, I did laugh through edits for Believe the Magic. I wrote it so long ago, it was refreshing to revisit it--and it's probably the most off the wall thing I've written.

    I guess if you're crazy, I'm crazy. But that's not saying anything we didn't already know, right?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 
 


Web This Blog
About Me


Name: mandymroth
Home: United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Prowling


My Den

Mandy M. Roth website
Mandy's Myspace

Prowling

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


Meta